Wage/Salary Info: $13.00
Employment Terms: Part time
Length of Employment: permanent
Education: Grade 10
Experience: 0-6 months
West Park Crossing Retirement Community, a stunning new 79 suite Personal Care and Memory Care community currently under construction is seeking dependable individuals for the Kitchen Assistant position. Responsibilities include assisting in food preparation, washing dishes, sanitizing and cleaning kitchen, bussing tables, assisting with portions of serving meals, and recording water temperatures.
Minmum job qualifications and requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Meet provincial health related requirements.
- Maintain food handlers permit as required by provincial regulations.
- Maintain any other certifications as required by provincial regulations.
Skills And Abilities
- Operate dishwashers to wash dishes, glassware and flatware
- Clean and sanitize items such as dishwasher mats, carts and waste disposal units
- Clean and polish silverware
- Operate pot-washing machines
- Sanitize and wash dishes and other items by hand
- Scour pots and pans
- Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
- Job task planning and organizing
- Problem solving
- Working with others
- Assist food and beverage servers in formal service activities
- Clear and clean tables, trays and chairs
- Load buspans and trays
- Replenish condiments and other supplies at tables and serving areas
- Replace linen
- Set tables
Kitchen Helping Skills
- Sweep and mop floors
- Clean and sanitize kitchen including work surfaces, cupboards, storage areas, appliances and equipment
- Handle and store cleaning products
- Receive, unpack and store supplies in refrigerators, freezers, cupboards and other storage areas
- Remove kitchen garbage and trash
- Sharpen kitchen knives
- Wash, peel and cut vegetables and fruit
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Food Safe Certificate
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields