Wage/Salary Info: $14.00 per hour
Employment Terms: Full/Part time
Length of Employment: permanent
Education: Technical/Applied Science Certificate
Experience: 7-11 months
West Park Crossing Retirement Community of Moose Jaw, a stunning new 79 suite Personal Care and Memory Care community recently opened is seeking dependable, warm, and caring candidates for the position of Resident Assistants for our personal care and memory care units.Job duties include but are not limited to the following: assisting residents with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, and grooming; transfer and mobility assistance, toileting and incontinence care assistance, serving meals, engaging in social activities, and personal laundry.
Continuing Care Aide certification preferred or Personal Care Workers course certificate required.
Minimum job qualifications and requirements
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Meet provincial health related requirements.
- Maintain any certifications as required by provincial regulations.
Skills And Abilities
Security and Safety
- Criminal record check (abstract)
- Home for the aged
- Continuous learning
- Computer use
- Job task planning and organizing
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Working with others
- Oral communication
- Document use
- Reading text
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Physically demanding
- Fast-paced environment
- Answer call signals
- Bathe, dress and groom patients
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- First Aid Certificate
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields