Wage/Salary Info: Per qualifications
Employment Terms: Full/Part time
Length of Employment: Permanent
Education: Technical/Applied Science Certificate
Experience: 1-2 years
Number of Positions: 3
West Park Crossing Retirement Community of Moose Jaw, a stunning new 79 suite Personal Care and Memory Care community recently opened is seeking dependable, warm, and caring candidates for the position of Charge Nurse.
Job Duties include but are not limited to: Administer or assist residents to self administer medications and treatments; measure vital signs and weight; and perform other health services tasks: Communicate with physicians, implement physician orders, and report and document pertinent information; Adhere to home health, hospice, and emergency protocols; Act as community supervisor when management staff is not present; Supervise Resident Assistants to assure daily completion of their duties.
Minimum job qualifications and requirements
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Meet provincial health related requirements.
- Maintain current professional license LPN or RN.
- Maintain current CPR certification.
- Maintain any other certifications as required by provincial regulations.
Skills And Abilities
Security and Safety
- Criminal record check (abstract)
- Nursing or convalescent home
- Continuous learning
- Computer use
- Job task planning and organizing
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Working with others
- Oral communication
- Document use
- Reading text
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Fast-paced environment
- Monitor patients' progress and report any changes
Registered Nursing Assistant Specific Skills
- Distribute medication to patients
- Take patients' blood pressure, temperature and pulse
Area Of Specialization
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Licensure by the appropriate province or territory of work
- Basic cardiac life support (BCLS)
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields