The Concierge is responsible for all aspects of clerical and reception duties associated with the daily operation of an effective residence.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Provide initial face-to-face and telephone contact with visitors. Provide direction to visitors and callers;
- Provide support to the Manager in the public relations, staff relations and resident care aspects of the operation of the facility;
- Welcome and orientate new residents, family and friends;
- Respond to queries from potential residents, family members and friends as required;
- Maintain a complete set of accounting records in the facility;
- Prepare all resident billings;
- Handle all queries concerning billings and payments from residents and/or their families.
- Perform payroll duties necessary for the calculation of accurate wages and salaries of all staff.
- Maintain employee records of hours worked, days absent, vacation, statutory holidays and sick time.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent;
- Good knowledge of Business English office procedures. Elementary Bookkeeping and experience in handling cash. Previous satisfactory experience in the routine operation of a Business Office.
Candidates must be available to work days and evenings.