Reports to the Environmental Services Manager and performs a variety of housekeeping duties to ensure the Long Term Care Centre is maintained in a safe, clean and sanitary condition.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Keep work area clean and free from unsafe conditions. Report any unsafe conditions to immediate Supervisor;
- Observe all fire and safety rules and be on alert for the safety of the residents, staff and public;
- Works in a safe manner which abides by Occupational Health and Safety policies;
- Clean dining room, bedrooms, bathrooms, lounges, activity areas, offices, hallways, stairwells and other areas as directed;
- Clean, mop, wax and polish floors; dust furniture and equipment; arrange furniture in an orderly fashion;
- Clean and disinfect sinks, toilets, urinals and telephones daily. Operate a floor machine to buff dining rooms, bedrooms, lounges, corridors and office areas;
- Collect and dispose of garbage as required; keep utility rooms and store rooms in tidy and sanitary condition;
- Attend in-service education sessions, staff meetings, workshops etc. as directed by the Environmental Services Manager.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Previous housekeeping experience desirable but not mandatory;
- Completion of secondary school. Must be able to read and write and follow oral instructions.
Candidates are available for days, evenings, nights and weekends.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields