Trillium Care Communities is currently accepting resumes for a full-time and part-time, on-call, Care Aides at our Hart House location in Victoria, British Columbia.
These positions will deliver nursing care to the residents under the direction of the DOC, RN/RPN/LPN in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures.
- Health Care Assitant Certificate, TB Screening, criminal record check, WHMIS, Food Safe, First Aide, completion of care aide medication and administration program preferred.
- Assisting residents with all aspects of daily living, including personal hygiene such as dressing, grooming, and wearing of aids such as glasses, hearing aides, and prosthesis; bathing / showering, incontinence care; skin care; nail and hair care.
- Administering medications to residents under the supervision of the Director of Care
- Utilizing verbal and non verbal communication skills in caring for residents
- Verbally communicating observations of resident's condition to the RN and / or Care Team
- Recording observations and care given on flow sheets and other commmunication tools in accordance with established procedures / practices
- Assisting residents with elimination, which may include toileting, changing incontinent products and giving suppositories and enemas.
- Assisting with meals and nourishment'sAssisting residents with rest and mobilization such as to sit up, transfer or lift, walk or ambulate in wheelchair /theraputic chairs, positioning in bed, wheelchair/theraputic chair and commode
- Assisting and enabling residents to perform activities that promote resident participation such as visiting, music, special events, walking and other activities
- Assisting to provide residents with a safe, secure environment by knowing and following plans and procedures such as Care Risk, Reporting of Resident Abuse, fire/disaster, lifts and transfers
- Assisting residents and families through the dying process including palliative care by interaction with familities.
- Pariticpation in the development of unit goals and objectives by providing input at departmental meetings
- Cleaning of common areas
- Clearing of tables in dining room and dish washing
- Participation in opportunities to learn through attendance at such sessions as in-services, seminars, and workshops
- Re-stocking supplies in such areas as tub room, linen storage areas, dining rooms, and resident personal areas.
- Participation in the development of resident care plans as wella s in the unit/organization's continuous quality improvement activities by providing input at team conferences, family conferences ands resident reviews.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields