Located in Sydney (Parkland Cape Breton) Reporting to the Executive Chef, the Cook will prepare meals according to the facility menus and recipes. The incumbent shall prepare menus and meals to meet the individual needs of all residents and guests according to established quality standards.
Key Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Consistently ensures food quality, presentation, and service delivery meet established department standards.
- Ensures meals are attractive, the correct temperature and portion size, and that service is timely.
- Follows production sheets to guide food preparation and assist with cost control.
- Assists with preparation of food for special functions e.g. catering, theme dinners to ensure service meets established standards.
- Familiarizes self with the specific needs of each client e.g. diet restrictions, allergies and special requests/accommodations.
- Ensures completion of required documentation e.g. inventory counts, food and equipment temperature and cleaning checklists, security / lock-up checklists as required.
- Completes department audit activities as required.
- Participates in the client and employee incident reporting and investigation process as required.
- Processes pots, pans, and dishware and maintains sanitation dishwasher and dish sinks according to established cleaning guidelines as required;
- Ensures that dress code and appearance are in compliance with the facility policy.
- Follows disposal procedures according to established waste management guidelines for organics, paper, plastics, cans/bottles, non-recyclable material, etc.
- Ensures kitchen appearance meets established standards for cleanliness and organization.
- Minimum five years’ experience;
- Excellent Time management skills required;
- Ability to read & follow detailed recipes/instructions required;
- Basic food safety training or other recognized food safety certification;
- Demonstrated experience working and communicating with internal and external customers to meet their needs in a polite, courteous, and cooperative manner.
The following would be considered assets:
- Restaurant/Fine dining experience
- Alzheimer’s Care course or U-First Course
Qualifications Considered an Asset:
- First Aid and CPR certification;
- Previous experience in working with the elderly in long-term care or a seniors independent living environment.
“Great People Striving for Great Things” is one of the pillars of our Strategic Plan. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, on –site parking, and flexible scheduling.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields