ATTENTION: To be considered for employment with the City of Boca Raton, applicants must provide at least ten (10) years of continuous employment history, if applicable. In the event the applicant has not been employed for ten (10) continuous years, all time for the ten (10) year period prior to the date of application must be accounted for including periods of school, unemployment and retirement.
GENERAL DEFINITION OF WORK:
Under supervision of the section manager or director, performs responsible administrative and technical work in developing and administering the Volunteer Program for the designated area.
- Administers the Volunteer Program for designated area;
- Provides general information and guidance
- Recruits volunteers through a variety of methods, including, but not limited to, advertising, open houses, volunteer fairs, and presentations at local universities and community organizations;
- Ensures adequate volunteer coverage, especially during peak visitor periods
- Reviews volunteer applications, conducts interviews and makes recommendations as to volunteer placements and positions
- Conducts training and orientations for volunteers and staff;
- Researches and recommends the use of volunteers for various programs and locations r;
- Provides on-going support and supervision for volunteers;
- Works with department/division heads and program coordinators to identify areas of potential volunteer assistance;
- Reviews and assesses job descriptions for volunteer positions;
- Prepares and administers the Volunteer Program budget.
Monitors Volunteer Program for effectiveness and maintains appropriate administrative records and time reports including volunteer recruitment, training, recognition, and retention;; Develops promotional materials on benefits of participation and available opportunities; Coordinates recognition events to acknowledge accomplishments of the volunteers; makes presentations and works with local universities and community organizations to recruit volunteers; Conducts periodic research/surveys to assess programs in other cities and agencies. Performs other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of local government operations; ability to readily acquire working knowledge of applicable departmental policies and procedures. Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills; Skilled in the use of a variety of standard office equipment; .Ability to confer with the general public and community organizations to promote the Volunteer Program and recruit volunteers. Ability to organize, train and motivate volunteers. Ability to prepare and maintain a variety of records and reports. Ability to maintain effective relationships with the public, City staff, officials and volunteers. Ability to give presentations and train staff and volunteers. Ability to work independently, and as part of a team; ; Ability to make mathematical calculations; Ability to type accurately at a rate of 35 WPM; Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, ability to become proficient in the use of Volgistics volunteer scheduling software or similar depending upon area of assignment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associate's Degree from an accredited community college or any equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of two (2) years experience in Volunteer Administration, Human Resources or related field.
Possession of a valid State of Florida Class "E" Driver's License with no more than six (6) points in the past three (3) years. Must be available to work weekends, and some holidays based upon area of assignment
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields