The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Washes dishes, glassware, flatware, pots and/or pans using dishwasher or by hand;
- Loads and empties dishwasher;
- Places clean dishes, utensils and cooking equipment in storage areas;
- Cleans and sanitizes dishwasher mats, dish carts and dish racks;
- Maintains kitchen equipment and work areas (blenders, refrigerators, dishwashers, work table surfaces, stoves, ovens, grills, exhaust hood, etc.) in a clean and orderly condition;
- Cleans floors and walls in kitchen area;
- Empties and cleans all waste containers and transports garbage to designated area;
- Maintains utility and store rooms in a tidy and sanitary condition;
- May assist in receiving and stocking supplies/products;
- Safely handles and stores cleaning products;
- Performs cleaning duties according to established procedures.
- May assist cooks prepare resident meals.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Previous experience in a retirement residence, long term care residence or the hospitality industry is considered an asset;
- Completion of secondary school education or equivalent;
- Must be able to operate related equipment;
- Team player;
- Ability to read, write and follow written and verbal instructions;
- Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Must be personable with and excellent work ethic;
- Customer service orientation;
- Work requires standing for extended periods of time, lifting and carrying objects of 40 lbs;
- Food Handling Certificate.
Candidates must be available to work weekends.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields