Reporting to the Recreation Manager and/or designate the Activity Aide assists in planning, implementing and evaluating activity programs to meet the physical, social, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, and cultural needs and interests of the residents/tenants.
Include but not limited to;
- Carries out established recreation programs including, but not limited to, outings, exercises, crafts, social events, entertainment, games, etc.
- Assists residents to and from programs as required.
- Assists, encourages, and motivates residents/tenants to participate in social, spiritual, physical, mental and cultural recreational activities.
- Provides personal care during recreational activities as required.
- Observes and reports any changes in residents to the supervisor and/or nurse.
- Documents as per policy and procedures.
- Ensures residents’/tenants’ rights are maintained.
- Ensures recreational equipment and supplies are used, maintained and stored in a safe, clean, and efficient manner. Reports unsafe or faulty equipment to supervisor.
- Actively participates in C.Q.I. program, meetings, committees and educational in-services as required. Assists in the maintenance of statistical records.
- Assists with orientation of new residents/tenants.
- Provides guidance, assistance and support to volunteers. Assists in the evaluation of volunteers.
- Encourages residents/tenants as volunteers in their own community.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Graduate from a recognized Activity/Recreation Certificate program, with experience in a senior’s focused recreation department an asset.
- Basic First Aid Certificate (Current).
- Food Safe Course or equivalent (Current).
- Valid Class 4 (Unrestricted) BC Driver’s License as required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently and understand verbal and written instructions.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.