- Provides direct and indirect supervision of the community operation along with training, coaching, counseling, and performance evaluations of all staff members.
- Ensures that the nursing services provided meet the needs of the residents in accordance to the developed service plans and the service plans meet the required state codes and company policies.
- Ensures that census expectations are met and that the resident admission process documentation is completed in a timely manner and in accordance with established policy and procedure.
- Oversees the recruitment and retention of qualified staff throughout the residence, making sure background checks, reference checks and licenses are cleared before the employee is released to work on the floor.
- Ensures that staff has opportunities for ongoing training by way of in-service programs and specific educational workshops to meet the needs of the licensure, and the needs of our current and future residents.
- Conducts the weekly residence management meetings, morning stand-up meetings and monthly all staff meetings.
- Ensures that all confidential records of the residents and staff meet federal and state regulations and company policy and procedures.
- Motivates employees through staff appreciation, recognition, and incentive programs. Promotes positive employee relations, addresses concerns timely and resolves concerns as quickly as possible.
- Oversees the community budget, providing guidance and training to department heads on the maintenance of the overall community budget.
- Monitors operations of the community on regular basis and prepares quality review audits and monthly variance reports.
- Maintains and facilitates open lines of communication.
- Prepares daily, weekly, and monthly reports in accordance to company policy or federal/state regulations as assigned by regional director of operations.
- Maintains outreach and education with the community to ensure positive relationship.
- Works to resolve issues identified by residents, family members, staff or outside representative. Keeps regional director up to date on developments.
- Oversees the building and grounds to ensure they are maintained in good repair, clean, free of trash and litter. Ensures that routine safety inspections and monthly fire drills are conducted on a routine basis.
- Certification or License as required by local regulations.
- Ability to creatively problem-solve in both resident care and employee management situations.
- Must be able to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Two-year Associate Degree—B.S./ B.A. preferred.
- Minimum of two years working in geriatrics or four years in a management position.
- Experience with budgets, staff development, training and scheduling.
Holiday Retirement is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, gender identity or expression, or other protected categories according to state and local law.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields