Responsible for the preparation and cooking of food in the community. Ensure that all meals are prepared and presented according to Atria standards.
- Provide a high level of culinary customer service and promote a restaurant style dining atmosphere.
- Work closely with the Director of Culinary Services and/or Executive Director to keep residents satisfied with food and dining programs.
- Assist with the preparation and execution of the Art of Atria Dining enhancement programs.
- Maintain kitchen and food storage and preparation areas in a clean, safe, and sanitary condition at all times.
- Responsible for the opening and/or closing of the kitchen.
- Adhere to cleaning schedules as assigned.
- Ensures that all food is received, stored, and prepared according to Company standards.
- Estimate daily or weekly needs of food and supplies and communicates needs to Director of Culinary Services or assistant Director of Culinary Services.
- Participate in preparing and cooking meals according to established recipes and approved menus.
- Document temperatures of food prior to service, refrigeration and freezer.
- Prepare and ensure snacks and beverages are available to residents at all times.
- Keep kitchen floors clean (sweeps and mops) and trash emptied.
- Assist with the transportation and storage of food and supplies.
- Adhere to Quality Enhancement standards and standard food safety practices.
- Assist with preparation and execution of special events, banquets, and theme meals.
- Will attend pre-meal stand up in kitchen prior to meal service.
- May perform other duties as needed and/or assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of experience as a cook in a hospitality or healthcare environment.
- Food handlers permit as required by state law and/or Company standards.
- Able to read and follow recipes and printed production guides, cleaning schedules, and logs.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields