Responsible for assisting and supporting dietary staff while managing dietary department within established company policies and state and federal regulations. Responsible for fiscal operations in dietary department such as budgeting, planning and accounting for dietary services. Assist in hiring and training dietary personnel. Coordinates dietary services with disciplinary team to provide an overall person centered care in the nursing facility environment. Responsible for providing healthy, nutritious and attractive dietary meals to residents and visitors while meeting special dietary requirements. Monitoring dietary activity to assure a safe working environment.
Full time. Responsible for supervising and or assisting in preparing and serving meals in the nursing home setting. Serving correct diet to resident and providing a home like environment or person centered care. Works with dietary staff in keeping the dietary department clean and sanitary as well as a safe working environment.
Training and Experience:
- Minimal 18 years of age, high school education and continuing education related to dietary department.
- Ability to work as part of interdisciplinary team to provide home like environment or personal centered care while providing nutritious meals for residents, families, visitors and at times staff.
- Adhering to HIPAA regulations, OSHA regulations and state and federal guidelines.
- Familiar with lock out tag out procedures and use of personal protective equipment.
- Experience in meal planning, budgeting and dietary operations as well as resident admission/ discharge
- Prefer experience in quantity food production.
- Operation of dietary / kitchen appliances in safe manner.
- Ability to adhere to company policies and procedures and display professional behavior.
- Follow HIPAA guidelines regarding resident confidentiality
- Demonstrate respect for residents and resident’s family members by assisting or problem solving issues
- Assist in preparation and serving of food as well as clean up and keeping a sanitary dietary area.
- Possess high standards for dietary sanitations, safety measures, and care and maintenance of equipment
Category II Exposure is not part of routine job however may be exposed, within scope of performing duties such as resident nose bleeds or injury. Employee mandated to use personal protective equipment such as gloves, gown and face protection. Supervise safety throughout department.
- Important member of the management team expected and authorized to use sound independent judgment and discretion in the performance of duties.
- Follow Americare policies, state and federal and ASI standards on ongoing basis.
- Plan, organize and map out dietary work schedule.
- Counsel, discipline, and dehire dietary personnel as circumstances render using appropriate documentation and working with facility administrator with open communication.
- Orientate, train, and evaluate job performance of all dietary service personnel.
- Compile an submit the department objective and achievements in a written quarterly review.
- Participate in regularly scheduled conferences with the administrator and department heads.
- Participate in the development and implementation of dietary policies, procedures an staff development programs.
- Purchase necessary foods and supplies while working within budget guidelines.
- Maintain necessary personnel, cost, menu, monthly food inventories and other essential records which all lead to a person centered care experience for residents.
- Train dietary staff to perform assigned duties.
- Allot sufficient time for all dietary service personnel to participate in regularly scheduled in-service education.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary resident plan of care.
- Direct the cleaning and sanitation of the dietary department. Direct the care of safety equipment and promote a safe working environment. Direct use of personal protective equipment and safety equipment such as lumbar supports, moving carts and two person lifting.
- Attend scheduled seminars and workshops approved by the administrator.
- Cooperate with the consulting registered dietician in implementing administrative approved dietary recommendations.
- Maintain good communication with all departments with special emphasis on the nursing department.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields