Responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing an activity program designed to meet the social, spiritual, intellectual, emotional, educational and physical needs and interests of our residents. Works closely with residents, family members, volunteers, facility staff and community representatives.
Plans, organizes, facilitates and directs recreational activity programs for resi-dents in assisted living facility. Prepare for events by obtaining and organizing necessary materials for activities. Directs and organizes such activities as sports, dramatics, games and arts and crafts to assist residents to develop interpersonal relationships, to socialize effectively, and to develop confidence needed to participate in group activities. Regulates content of program in accordance with individualized patient capabilities, needs and interests. Organizes and coordinates special outings and may accompany residents on outings. Plan and document a monthly activity event calendar. Participate in assessing and documenting pro-gress charts and periodic reports for medical staff and other members of the treatment team reflecting resident reaction and evidence of progress or regression. Network with community organizations, businesses, schools and individuals to form a solid volunteer program. Participate in planning and implementing inter-nal and external community events.
Training and Experience:
- Minimal 18 years of age
- Preferred experience with all aspects of a recreational activity program designed for residents in the assisted living facility.
- Minimal high school education with additional related education preferred but not mandatory.
- Knowledge in leading recreational activities, intellectual and educational activi-ties, arts/ crafts, community outings, etc.
- Knowledge of coordinating or implementing a volunteer program
- Possess ability to effectively communicate with supervisor, peers, residents and resident family members and customers.
- Possess excellent organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Ability to lead large groups
- Flexible schedule and available to work some evenings and weekends.
- Maintain resident confidentiality and privacy at all times.
- Demonstrate professional behavior and performance, as an Americare employ-ee.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields