Cleaning procedures to assure orderly attractive rooms in facility. Review schedule and communicate with co-workers as to individual assignments. Perform cleaning assignments for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness. Advises supervisor of completed assignments. May inventory stock or supplies to ensure adequate supplies. May investigate complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and takes corrective action. Examines rooms, halls, and lobbies and all common areas to determine need for repairs or replacement of items and communicates to manager. Report any equipment malfunction or need of repairs to supervisor. Attend in-service training per facility requirement. Document regarding concerning work assignments, periodic reports and time card. Attend periodic staff meetings with other departments to discuss company policies, complaints and make recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation.
Full or part time. Responsible for following cleaning procedures and schedule to assure facility is clean, neat and orderly while following policies and procedures and OSHA requirements. Use personal protective equipment on daily basis per policy and become familiar with lock out tag out procedures. Open communication with supervisor related to condition of building, resident or family complaints and any need for repairs. Assist in keeping cleanliness and order of facility to meet state and federal and ASI standards.
Training and Experience:
- Minimal 18 years of age, grade school education
- Ability to work as part of interdisciplinary team to provide clean home like environment for residents while adhering to HIPAA regulations, OSHA regulations and state and federal guidelines.
- Familiar with lock out tag out procedures and use of personal protective equipment.
- Familiar with hazard communication program and material data sheets related to chemical use.
- Ability to communicate with residents, family members and co workers positively and professionally.
- Ability to follow housekeeping schedule per protocol and assist in providing a clean facility environment while following cleaning protocol and infection control practices.
- Ability to adhere to company policies and procedures and display professional behavior.
- Follow HIPAA guidelines regarding resident confidentiality.
- Demonstrate respect for residents and resident’s family members by assisting or problem solving.
- Demonstrate open communication to supervisor regarding housekeeping related issues and work with peers to resolve any housekeeping issues which need immediate attention.
Category II Exposure is not part of routine job however may be exposed, within scope of performing duties to blood borne pathogens. Employee mandated to use personal protective equipment such as gloves, gown, and face protection and be familiar with chemicals and material safety data sheets as part of hazard communication program.
- Plan, organize and implement using housekeeping services work schedule.
- Responsible for cleanliness of facility including resident rooms and common areas.
- Responsible for performing area and task procedures according to the department policies and procedures as well as infection control policies.
- Report necessary repairs and maintenance needs to supervisor.
- Care of plants and flowers if assigned.
- Terminal cleaning of each resident unit and preparation for new admission.
- Performance of all cleaning tasks associated with maintenance of resident areas, treatment, and Utility areas, including rooms, nurse’s stations, bathing areas, offices, break rooms, smoking areas and conference rooms.
- Ensure work cart and equipment are maintained in a sanitary and safe manner. Ensure legible labels are on all chemicals in accordance with OSHA standards. Utilize proper personal protective equipment (PPE) and see that it is clean and in good repair.
- Knowledge of Hazard Communication Program and become familiar with material safety data sheets as well as assist in keeping manual updated with current chemical information.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields