Prepares and cooks family – style meals and snacks and beverages for residents and sometimes employees and family members at nursing facility. Cooks foodstuffs in quantities according to menu and number of person to be served. Washes dishes. Bakes breads and pastry. Cuts meat. May serve meals. Plans menu or follow menu plan taking advantage of foods in season and local availability. May order supplies and keep records and accounts May cook for person centered care facilities where food is cooked as resident’s request. Have understanding of nutrition based meals.
Full or part time. Responsible for assisting in preparing and serving meals in the nursing home setting. Cooking and serving correct diet to resident and providing a home like environment or person centered care. Works with dietary staff in keeping the dietary department clean and sanitary as well as a safe working environment. Knowledge of operating kitchen equipment such as stove, dishwasher, warmers, mixers, etc.
raining and Experience:
- Minimal 18 years of age, grade school education
- Familiar with lock out tag out procedures and use of personal protective equipment.
- Prefer experience in cooking, food prepping, baking, and dishwashing and equipment operation
- Prefer experience in quantity food production and experience in menu reading and preparation.
- Knowledge of meal planning, food preparation, nutrition and person centered care setting.
- To be trained in Safe Serve if required by the county in which the facility resides
- To be trained as CMA and Insulin as the classes become available
- To have at least 12 hours of in-service training per year and attend dietary in –service meetings
- Required to be trained in Alzheimer/Dementia Behavior Monitoring and communication
- Perform arithmetic and units of measurement conversions used in food preparation
- Operation of dietary / kitchen appliances in safe manner
- Ability to adhere to all company policies and procedures and display professional behavior.
- Demonstrate respect for residents and resident’s family members by assisting or problem solving issues
- Assist in cooking, preparation and serving of food as well as clean up and keeping area sanitary
- Possess high standards for dietary sanitations, safety measures, and care and maintenance of equipment
- Ability to prepare and handle food which is palatable and appetizing in appearance
- Ability to follow written and oral instruction and follow written menus and recipes
- Meet meal schedules, avoid food waste
- Ability to come to work timely and as scheduled and accept assignments in cooperative manner
- Ability to prepare food inventory, maintain daily menu record related to food temperatures
- Able to plan food substitutions for residents needing dietary change
- Ability to work as part of interdisciplinary team to provide home like environment or personal centered care while providing nutritious meals for residents, families, visitors and at times staff.
- Ability to follow Resident Rights / HIPPA Regulations / OSHA Regulations and state and federal Guidelines
- Ability to participate in activities according to and follow the resident activity calendar
- Ability to handle difficult behaviors with Alzheimer’s / Dementia and treat with dignity
Category II Exposure is not part of routine job however may be exposed, within scope of performing duties such as resident nose bleeds or injury. Employee mandated to use personal protective equipment such as gloves, gown and face protection.
- Assist in cooking and preparation of food for special actives for residents, visitors and or staff.
- Attend and serve food during inservice or staff meetings if requested.
- Store and organize food in a safe and sanitary manner. Use carts, lumbar supports, life small quantity rather than large boxes to prevent injury.
- Wash dishes, utensils and other kitchen equipment. Keep supplies stored in safe manner.
- Prepare and serve food and drinks in timely manner.
- Ensure work area, utensils, and equipment are maintained in a sanitary and safe manner. Inspect electrical equipment and report and maintenance needs.
- Set and clear tables for and after meals.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields