This role is an exceptional opportunity for an energetic, enthusiastic RN! You are a self-motivated individual who possesses effective communication, analytical, and assessment skills and good decision-making abilities. The incumbent possesses a valid Certificate of Competence from the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC) and holds current first aid and CPR certification. Experience in a similar setting is an asset. Availability to work days, evenings, nights and/or weekends is required.
Drawing on their excellent leadership skills, the successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensuring that the nursing care routines are followed on the assigned unit(s);
- Providing direction to all personal care staff on the assigned unit(s); Orientating new staff;
- Promoting and supporting the goals and objectives of the nursing department, the residences, and the organization;
- Ensuring that the needs and safety of the residents, families, and staff are met;
- Restocking unit inventory;
- Actively participating in family conferences;
- Discussing resident needs with physicians and other health care disciplines;
- Monitoring and evaluating the quality of nursing care;
- Performing thorough physical assessments on ill residents;
- Maintaining and updating adequate resident documentation, reports, and other pertinent records.
Successful candidates must provide a current criminal record check and vulnerable sector search.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields