Provides prescribed medical treatment and personal care services to ill, injured, convalescent, and handicapped persons in the long term care or assisted living setting. Takes and records resident vital signs. Dresses wounds, gives enemas, douches, alcohol rubs, and massages. Applies compresses, ice bags, and hot water bottles. Observes resident and reports adverse reactions to medication or treatment to medical personnel in charge. Administers specified medication, orally or by subcutaneous or intermuscular injection, and notes time and amount on resident chart. Assembles and uses such equipment as catheters, tracheotomy tubes, and oxygen suppliers. Collects samples, such as urine, blood, and sputum, from residents for testing and performs routine laboratory tests on samples. Sterilizes equipment and supplies, using germicides, sterilizer, or autoclave. Prepares or examines food trays for prescribed diet and feeds residents. Records food and fluid intake and output. Bathes, dresses, and assist residents in walking and turning. Cleans rooms, makes beds, and answers resident call lights. Washes and dresses bodies of deceased persons. Must pass state board examination and be licensed. May inventory and requisition supplies. Documentation capability with accuracy and understanding of facility, state and federal regulations and policies and procedures. May start and monitor IV’s with appropriate accreditation and licensure.
Render or assign resident care according to the needs of the residents under the direction of the supervisor and or director of nursing. Maintain a home like, person centered care environment for all residents. Effectively supervise all staff responsible for resident care. As an interdisciplinary team member and supervising others to meet the physical, psychological, and social needs of the resident.
Training and Experience:
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing. Maintains current state registration and ongoing education.
- Ability to develop and effectively manage facility personnel.
- Skill in identifying problems and planning solutions.
- Initiative and good judgment.
- A sincere desire to work with the aged and those with a limited capacity for self care.
- Capacity to grasp new theories and principles and implement these.
- Ability to maintain a good working relationship with all levels of personnel, residents and families, as well as community contacts and volunteers.
- Supervisory and leadership skills required
- Ability to communicate to administrator and staff and families in a positive, professional and effective manner.
- Ability to over see all facets of resident care and assure resident quality of life through planning, assess and reviewing protocol.
- Lead staff in daily facility protocol which meets state and federal and ASI standards.
- Efficient in providing or reviewing required documentation as to resident care and services.
- Supervising nursing personnel and ability to manage staff on ongoing basis.
- Recognize and provide directly or indirectly all needs of residents while working with family members
Full time or part time position. All shifts including days, evening and nights and weekends and being on call to assure the operation of resident and staffing needs. Changes in schedule must be approved by facility director of nursing.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to meet company requirements related to transporting residents if situation should arise and require such.
- Responsible for all nursing service and its administration and clinical supervision
- Responsible for the implementation of nursing objectives, standards of nursing care, nursing policy
- And procedure manual, and reviews and revises such as necessary and at least annually.
- Interprets all nursing policies and procedures to nursing personnel. Determines that nursing care standards and nursing policies and procedures are being followed according to written guidelines
- Supervises and gives clinical guidance to nurses and other nursing staff (PCA, C.N.A., CMT etc) as necessary.
- Makes rounds to assess resident and staffing needs and visits residents each work day.
- Works under the direction of director of nursing to assure that all nursing personnel complete the required orientation and attend the necessary in-service training, and that appropriate documentation is maintained.
- Responsible for nursing assessment on monthly or as needed basis, documenting assessments, notifying physicians and families of change in condition, obtaining appropriate orders and implementing order. Responsible for supervising personal hygiene of residents.
- Responsible for seeing that all the necessary written documents such as Admission Nursing
- Assessments, Nursing Notes, Over-All-Care Plans and other required information is kept current in the resident record system. (Records are kept current following facility’s policies, ASI standards and/or State and Federal regulations.
- Responsible for assisting director of nursing in keeping facility standards up to state and federal and ASI requirements and assisting with any and all inspections. Team member in planning, evaluating and providing safe home like environment and quality of life for residents.
- Responsible for determining that the medication systems meets the needs of the resident, is an effective type administration system and is set up according to State regulations and pharmaceutical guidelines.
- Keeps administrator informed of significant changes in residents conditions, transfer of residents to the hospital, expirations or any pertinent information regarding the residents and or employees.
- Assists in determining the type of residents to be admitted to the facility using established nursing care criteria as a guideline. Makes decisions as to placement of residents and transfer to other rooms as necessary.
- Communicates with Administrator schedules and conducts nursing staff meetings and maintenance records of such.
- Assesses supply and equipment needs for nursing department and sees that adequate stocks are maintained.
- Determines that incident reports are made out as necessary or as indicated and reviews such on a routine basis.
- Is available for call when needed by the staff members on duty in matters pertaining to nursing care.
- Performs any other duties as may be necessary as specified by the director of the facility.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields