Do you want to become part of a fun, positive, professional team that loves to make seniors happy?
Blue Harbor Senior Living, a premier operator in the Senior Living Community currently has an exciting opening for a cook to join our team at Orchard Park!
Blue Harbor offers a competitive compensation package including:
- Medical, dental, & vision benefits
- 401 (k) with generous company match
- PTO & Holidays
- Provide high quality food preparation and prompt service
- Proficient in food preparation, serving and portion control
- Prepare all menu items according to established standards and recipes
- Perform dietary services mentioned in the Resident Handbook and Care Plan
- Identify and resolve potential food service and care coordination issues in a timely manner
- Comply with health, safety and infection control practices at the state and local levels
- Promote an understanding to all staff of the importance of the Food Services department to resident quality of life
- Present a professional demeanor that communicates a corporate philosophy of service, goodwill, and genuine interest in each resident’s needs
- Familiarize yourself with residents of the Community
- Observe residents and communicate potential difficulties or opportunities to the appropriate team member
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS include the following:
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Minimum two (2) years on-line cook experience
- Previous on the job or formal training in appropriate techniques of resident care including: nutritional monitoring and assessment, general nutrition, food production and service, safety and management
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- Serve Safe Certification
- Food Handler’s Certification
Based in Portland, Oregon, Blue Harbor Senior Living is a growing senior living company, currently operating communities in throughout the U.S. Blue Harbor’s home office provides top-level support services for all of our senior living communities. This open position presents an outstanding opportunity to join the team of our growing and dynamic organization.
Blue Harbor Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields