The Kitchen Aide is responsible for assisting the kitchen staff with cooking and serving of the meals to our residents.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the preparation and cooking of meals for senior residents of a retirement residence according to the menus in place;
- Providing special diet requirements;
- Assisting the dietary staff while ensuring a clean and safe work environment is maintained;
- General kitchen duties.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- 1- 2 years of related experience in a retirement residence/long term home, hotel, or restaurant;
- Self-motivated individual who possesses effective communication and organizational skills and is a co-operative team player;
- Able to follow department regulations and standards and has completed a Food Handling Course and Food Safety Training;
- Experience with seniors is an asset.
Candidates are available to work days, evening and weekends.