Commonwealth Assisted Living
Welcome home! Come join our team!
Commonwealth Assisted Living provides high-quality senior housing, personal care and comprehensive services that are responsive to the needs and preferences of residents and their families. While we've grown to become one of the largest providers of assisted living and memory care in the state of Virginia, we have not lost our small town focus where resident satisfaction is our first priority.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) utilizes the nursing process to perform nursing functions in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act, Federal and State guidelines. He or she provides nursing care to residents in the community under the direction of the Resident Care Director. He or she provides services in accordance with Commonwealth Assisted Living philosophies, standards and practices.
- Administer and document medication and treatments per the physician’s order and accurately record all care provided to the residents.
- Provide direct nursing care and provide clinical supervision of nursing assistants working with residents.
- Contributes to continuity of care and effective communication by reporting care provided and changes in the resident's condition to the Resident Care Director immediately. May participate in routine activities of resident’s care activities, including daily living and basic nursing procedures.
- Assisting residents with lifts, moves and transports, using proper body mechanics or lifting devices for accident prevention.
- Responds to inquiries relating to requests from residents, visitors and other personnel promptly and courteously within given time frames and established policy.
- Is knowledgeable of the individualized care plan for residents, and provides support to the residents according to their care plan. Contributes to the care planning process by providing the charge nurse or other care planning staff with specific information and observations of the residents’ needs and preferences.
- Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with the residents, visitors, families, peers and supervisors promoting a homelike environment.
- Fully understands all aspects of residents’ rights, including the right to be free of restraints and free of abuse. Is responsible for promptly reporting to the charge nurse or administrative staff incidents or evidence of resident abuse or violation of residents’ rights.
- Performs all job responsibilities in accordance with prescribed safety and infection control procedures, including thorough hand washing, use of disposable gloves where indicated and proper disposal of soiled materials. Also providing care that maintains each resident’s skin integrity to prevent pressure ulcers, skin tears and other damage by changing incontinent residents, turning, repositioning immobile residents and by applying moisturizers to fragile skin and other areas.
- Performs various tasks assigned by the charge nurse, including checking vital signs, weighing residents, applying creams/ointments and collecting specimens.
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of state-approved school of practical nursing.
- Holds a current license in the Commonwealth of Virginia, or has ability to present proof of application for licensure in Virginia.
- At least one year of successful nursing experience preferable.
- Work experience should include administration of medication and experience in either geriatric, psychiatric or rehabilitation nursing.
- Demonstrates leadership skills.
- Demonstrates good nursing skills.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields