About our Organisation: Elim Village is a unique and comprehensive Christian retirement community that offers a full range of housing and care options on a 20-acre site. The village is professionally managed, enriched with amenities and its residents celebrate the joy of life. When life becomes more challenging, the Harrison offers full care in a relaxed, home-like setting. Hallways are light and bright. The size of the rooms and the windows are larger than the required standard. Comfortable common lounge areas lead out to large balconies or secured gardens.
According to established policies and procedures, and under the general direction of the Wellness Coordinator, the Therapeutic Recreation Assistant carries out resident-centred activation programs such as, creative arts, fitness, music, baking, dining in, gardening, outings, social events, cognitive programs, one to one visits, group games, singalong, reminisce, and discussion groups as included in our calendar.
Supports residents as they learn new techniques which are adapted to encourage participation and maintain or improve resident’s abilities, and reports problems and/or changes to supervisor.
This position reports to the Wellness Coordinator. Job will be a full time position with varying hours to take place on weekends and weekdays. The Wage Range for this position is $18.70-$20.69.
- Completion of a recognized two year Therapeutic Recreation program
- Preferred two years recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience, especially with seniors
- Valid class 4 licence
- Current First Aid/CPR
- FoodSafe certificate
- Preferred Functional Fitness Certificate or related fitness training
- Preferred specialized training for programming with individuals with dementia Skills
- Understand the culture of the residents we serve at The Harrison
- Demonstrate the safe operation of a 19 passenger bus
- Encourage participation which maintains dignity and validates individual creativity and choice
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Interact with others effectively, with dignity and compassion
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of position
- Share knowledge and skills
- Lead and participate as an effective member of a team
- Organize work schedule, records, documentation
- Operate related equipment
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields