- Carries out established recreation programs including, but not limited to, outings, exercises, crafts, social events, entertainment, games, etc.
- Assists residents to and from programs as required.
- Assists, encourages, and motivates residents to participate in social, spiritual, physical, mental and cultural recreational activities.
- Provides personal care during recreational activities as required.
- Observes and reports any changes in residents to the Supervising Nurse/Director of Care.
- Documents as per policy and procedures.
- Ensures residents’ rights are maintained.
- Ensures recreational equipment and supplies are used, maintained and stored in a safe, clean, and efficient manner. Reports unsafe or faulty equipment to manager.
- Actively participates in Q.I. program, meetings, committees and educational in-services as required. Assists in the maintenance of statistical records.
- Assists with orientation of new residents.
- Provides guidance, assistance and support to volunteers. Assists Recreation Manager in the evaluation of volunteers.
- Performs other related duties to ensure quality holistic resident service.
- Must be a graduate from a recognized Activity/Recreation Aide program, with experience in a recreation department an asset.
- Basic First Aid Certificate (Current).
- Food Safe Course or equivalent.
- Current Class 4 BC Drivers License.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and written.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be in good health and free of pet or detergent/cleaning agent allergies
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields