Elim Village is a developing comprehensive Christian seniors community located on 20 acres in Fleetwood (Surrey) B.C. A not for profit charitable organization, Elim Village offers a unique opportunity to be a part of a working environment that embraces Christian principles and beliefs and pursues the highest standards in business and care operations. Our approach is integrative and team oriented; founded on our core values
which emphasize the value we place on our relationships with residents, staff and stakeholders.
We are looking for a motivated and dynamic Recreation Assistant who will be working under the general direction of the Recreation Coordinator and will carry out resident- centered activity programs as included in the Activity Calendar. This position will also support our residents, encourage their participation and facilitate meaningful opportunities that promote maintaining independence and quality of life.
This position is subject to union membership, per contract the starting hourly rate is from $18.14 - $18.60.
- Post-secondary education with specialization in Recreational Therapy
- Minimum of 1 year relevant work experience
- Must be able to work well independently and in a team setting
- Computer literate in MS Word, Excel, Publisher and Outlook
- Must have a valid Class 4 driver’s license, with exceptional driving record (unrestricted)
- Preferred Functional Fitness Certificate or Third Age Fitness Certificate or related fitness training
- Must have empathy towards residents and be able to work well with them.
- Must have current First Aid/CPR certificate
- Pre-employment Medical & Criminal check are required
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Good working knowledge of provincial legislation, requirements of ALR and programs to promote compliance with regulatory reporting requirements;
- Skills and ability to utilize effective adapted communication techniques, social and interpersonal skills with residents, staff and others to adequately meet the needs of the residents;
- Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously to develop and foster a team approach; inclusive of interdepartmental teams throughout organization
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing;
- Evidence of good physical, psychological and emotional health, and the capability to handle the demands of the job.
- Join a dynamic team of committed health professionals in the continuing development of Elim Village – a complete Campus of Care where residents can age within their community.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields