Located in Truro, Nova Scotia and reporting to the (Executive Chef/ Designate) and as a part of a professional interdisciplinary team within the Shannex Retirement Living Division. The WaitStaff are key to supporting our clients in our sites and upholding “Shannex Philosophy of Service”.
As Wait Staff, you will provide food service to all clients and guests in the dining rooms according to established quality and service excellence. Wait Staff work within Retirement Living and provide service to clients within the following levels of care: Lifestyle, Traditional/ Independent, Assisted Living, Memory Care and Enriched Care.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Meal service to clients according to standards as outlined in the Culinary Services Program
- Maintaining safety and sanitation in the kitchen to meet legislative and organizational standards
- Maintaining an awareness of the specific needs of each client, e.g diet, allergies and preferences
- Assisting in the provision of catering services for internal and external events
- Maintaining a professional appearance of the dining area
- Basic food safety training or other recognized food safety education;
- Food service experience;
- Food & Beverage Service training;
- Previous experience in working with the elderly in long-term care or a senior’s independent living environment.
- Knowledge of the methods and practices of safe food preparation and service.
- Knowledge of and understanding of the concepts of excellent customer service, effective listening and team building.
- Ability to read and write the English language.
- Works and communicates with internal and external customers to meet their needs in a polite, courteous, and cooperative manner.
- Displays a high level of initiative, effort and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently. Works with minimal supervision. Demonstrates responsible behaviour and attention to detail.
- Responds appropriately to supervision. Follows policies and cooperates with supervisors.
- Expresses information to individuals or groups effectively. Listens to others and responds appropriately.
“Great People Striving for Great Things” is one of the pillars of our Strategic Plan. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, attractive benefits plan, on –site parking, and flexible scheduling.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields