Located in Truro, NS (Parkland Truro ) and reporting to the Client Service Manager and as a part of a professional interdisciplinary team within the Shannex Retirement Living Division. The Client Services Assistant is key to supporting our clients in our sites and upholding “Shannex Philosophy of Service”.
As the successful candidates you will provide direct personal services to clients. You will work within Retirement Living in the following service lines: Traditional/Independent Living, Assisted Living & Memory Care.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Meeting client(s) personal needs according to an individualized plan of service;
- Documenting according to facility policy and communicating pertinent and relevant information;
- Assisting with planning and implementing client recreation programs and leisure activities;
- Completing domestic functions for clients according to service plan;
- Other duties a & responsibilities required pending specific client needs
- High School/ GED completion
- Shannex Client Services Assistant Certificate, Continuing Care Assistant certificate, Personal/ Home Support Worker Program or equivalent
- Current CPR & Emergency First Aid Certification
- Ability to work a schedule of flexible hours and shifts inclusive of days, nights, weekends, and holidays
The following would be considered assets:
- Basics Fst./ Food Handlers Course
- Alzheimer’s or Other Dementias Care Course
- Previous experience working with seniors in a Retirement Living or Long Term Care environment
- CPR & First Aid Certificate
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment while maintaining professionalism at all times
“Great People Striving for Great Things” is one of the pillars of our Strategic Plan. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, attractive benefits plan, on –site parking, and flexible scheduling.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields