Reporting to the Executive Director the incumbent is responsible for developing, implementing and communicating recreation and leisure programs for residents in accordance with budgetary and management guidelines. This includes assessments of residents, planning and evaluation of lifestyle programs and activities relating to the physical, spiritual, emotional, social and intellectual needs of the residents; coordinate and evaluate volunteer/student placement programs and pastoral services.
- Continuously follow the principles of “good customer service” and ensure that these values are demonstrated in day to day practices.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact effectively with team, residents and families as well as external community resources.
- Demonstrate strong planning, organizational and English communication skills (oral and written).
- Act as weekend manager on duty on rotational basis.
- The ability to lift up to 40 lbs. and conduct exercise and aqua-fit classes.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
- Post-secondary training in recreation at a College level of certification.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Solid knowledge of computers.
- Good written and verbal English communication skills.
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Maintains a current certificate in CPR/First Aid.
- Smart Serve and additional certificates in fitness are considered assets.
- Valid driver’s license
We offer a comprehensive wage and benefit package, an employee recognition program, a vibrant, safe work environment and much more! If you want to be a part of the Vibe, apply today!
Please note: the successful candidate must provide proof of a satisfactory, current criminal record check with vulnerable sector screen and an up-to-date TB test.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position. Please be advised that due to the large volume of candidates only those required for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Please be advised that in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, reasonable accommodation for applicants with a disability is available, upon request, for the interview process, and for other candidate selection methods.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields