Include but not limited to;
- Perform a variety of duties related to the financial management of the organization such as preparation of financial reports, coding all accounts payable invoices, monthly bank reconciliation, and collections of past due accounts.
- Set up Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), discharge resident refunds, invoicing to third parties (i.e. MHR, DVA, Health Authorities, Alberta Housing) and annual resident income tax statements.
- Process deposits and complete daily bank runs (if applicable).
- Maintain the petty cash fund by performing duties such as maintaining records of transactions, requesting additional money as required and completing related reports.
- Participate in maintaining the Resident Trust Fund by performing duties such as receiving requests, recording transactions, maintaining ledger accounts, advising resident/families when additional funds are required, and reconcile trust account monthly.
- Report monthly financial reconciliations to Head Office (if applicable).
- Process all payables related items to include supplier invoices, purchase orders and receiving reports (if applicable). Processing payables includes: attach payables processing form to invoice ensuring correct coding and distribution of charges. GM to authorize all invoices prior to submittal to Head Office.
- Oversees the accounts receivable items pertaining to the facility and/or tenants (i.e.prepares letters to tenants for outstanding accounts follow-up)
- Produce a variety of confidential documents for the General Manager and management team members including correspondence, memos, reports, minutes, budget statements and meeting agendas using a range of word processing and spreadsheet software packages (if applicable).
- Design and maintain records, files and distribution systems for correspondence, reports and minutes within the Administration area. Maintains resident records and storage of terminated records (if applicable).
- Complete forms as needed for the Health Authority and Stats Canada (if applicable).
- Maintain emergency fan out list with updated staff telephone numbers. (if applicable)
- Answers the telephone, greets and screens both callers and visitors, responds to requests by providing information directly or directing inquiries to appropriate individuals within the organization (if applicable).
- Receive and process all incoming and outgoing mail and screens for appropriate distribution within the organization. Prioritizes items for immediate action (if applicable).
- Produce purchase order ensuring a copy of both the purchase order and the receiving report is attached to the invoice. Submit to Head Office A/P dept. on a weekly basis for processing. File all invoices and documentation once returned from A/P dept (if applicable).
- Maintain stock of office supplies and materials for organization through review of stock on hand, and completion and forwarding of purchase orders to suppliers, working within budget constraints. Receives and verifies supplies and investigates and resolves any discrepancies (if applicable).
- Supervision of Reception staff (if applicable).
- Management of Admit, Transfer and Discharge information on all residents in CMS on a timely basis.
- Maintenance of resident contact information in RMS.
- Performs RMS maintenance of residents accounts (admissions and discharges), and admission agreements.
- Run “Occupancy”, “Assessments Due”, and other CMS Reports as requested by the GM or DOC (if applicable).
- Maintains strict confidentiality with respect to financial data and resident/tenant information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 required, plus successful completion of a certificate or diploma in a related field from a college or technical school, preferred.
- Proficiency with accounting procedures, reconciliation and bookkeeping preferred.
- Minimum of two to three years recent related experience.
- Proficient in the use of varied word processing and spreadsheet software packages.Proficient on Excel and Outlook.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with the various individuals involved in providing holistic care in a flexible resident focused environment.
- Ability to process a high-volume of data accurately and multi-task efficiently in a high paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple critical timelines.
- Demonstration of strong problem solving and customer service skills. Demonstrates responsiveness, flexibility and efficiency in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English proficiently and understand verbal and written instructions.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields