- Assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, documenting and directing clients’ needs through consultation with medical professionals, care conferences and internal staff.
- Providing leadership to health services staff and overseeing provision of quality health services respecting the client’s right to individualized planning of health services.
- Developing and implementing client directed Care Plans.
- Working with the existing management and health services teams to promote communication and compliance to policies, procedures and applicable legislation.
- Assisting with the development, implementation and evaluation of client care plans.
- Administering and recording prescribed medication as per company policy and scope of practice.
- Maintaining the standards of accurate and complete documentation and reporting.
- Applying dressings and treatments according to physician’s orders and policy.
- Assisting with supervision and evaluation of job performance and ongoing work performance of other health care staff.
- Post-secondary education from an approved School of nursing; Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Current registration with the provincial association of Registered Nurses.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification.
- Alzheimer’s & other Dementia Care course, U-First training preferred.
- Palliative / Hospice Care experience considered as asset.
- Previous experience in working with the clients in long-term care or a senior’s independent living environment required.
- Strong leadership skills and proven assessment skills a must.
- Ability to multi-task in a priority driven environment.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills and experience with evaluating employee job performance.
- Demonstrated computer skills and experience with electronic information systems.
- Ability to supervise staff including organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields