- Serves food to residents according to individual diets and preferences. Observes time limits for meal serving. Maintains foods at proper serving temperature.
- Is understanding of all therapeutic diets.
- Clears plates and trays, loads and operates dishwasher. Cleans pots, pans and cooking utensils as per procedure.
- Participates in proper storage and labeling of dietary supplies and food, including leftovers.
- Adheres to established departmental policies, procedures regarding quality assurance, fire, safety, environment, and infection control.
- Participates in facility meetings as assigned. Attends in-service education programs including all mandatory and on-line in-services.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Previous dietary experience preferred in a LTC Home 1-2 year(s).
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to read, write and speak English as well as to understand simple verbal and written instructions in English.
- Ability to work safely, following established safety practices and procedures.
- Must be able to do moderate to heavy lifting.
- Successful candidate must be available to work days, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays.
- Current Food Handlers Certificate.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields