- Supervises the Memory Department Staff including Caregivers and Activity Assistants.
- Implement and maintain the systems and programs in accordance with state regulations and to Belmont Village Senior Living's standards, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures person-centered programming throughout all activity programs consistent with Belmont Village standards.
- Conducts monthly advanced dementia training for all staff and is the dementia expert for the community.
- Maintains regular and consistent communication with the management team and the Dementia Program staff.
- Supervises the overall duties and responsibilities of the Activity Assistants including monthly calendar, events and Volunteer Program.
- Conducts cognitive assessments on prospective and current residents translating outcomes to service plans related to care and programming.
- Ensures adequate staffing through staff scheduling
- Hires,trains, coaches, mentors and manages Caregivers and Activity Assistants
- Works collaboratively with Director of Resident Care Services to oversee nursing staff assigned to Secured Dementia
- Ensures the quality of meal organization, delivery, and service.
- Ensures complete and consistent documentation with all functions.
- Ensures a safe and secure environment for both residents and staff.
- Ensures communication and involvement with the residents’ family members through special events, scheduled meetings, and quarterly meetings.
- Provides program support including relevant research and background material for Activity Assistants, maintaining inventory of activity supplies, facilitating and trouble-shooting as needed
Supervises the Memory Program staff including caregivers and Activity Assistants
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 1-year experience working directly with the elderly or individuals with disabilities.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a memory program setting
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory or managerial experience.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings.
- Minimum of 2 years management experience in a Memory Program setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Gerontology, Psychology, Social Work, Education, Recreational or Occupational Therapy.
- 4-5 years of supervisory or managerial experience.
- Proficiency with MS Office products
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields