We care about your quality of life - As such, we offer stable employment in a rewarding environment with a competitive salary.
This is a family business that will help you succeed.
- Possess and provide a diploma for a PSW course from a certified educational facility.
- Preference will be given to individuals with Long-Term Care experience;
- Good physical, emotional and mental health as well as maturity;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a willingness to take direction from supervisors and charge staff;
- Capable of accepting constructive criticism and make the appropriate changes to correct areas of concern;
- Physically capable of performing strenuous activities of daily work life such as bending, lifting and transferring residents, pushing wheelchairs, operating mechanical lifts, etc.;
- Must be resident focused in the provision of his/her care delivery to our customers;
- Perceptive and capable of providing steady, high-quality/consistent care as part of a team environment;
- Open to change and demonstrate a willingness to learn;
- Possess excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Observe and report concerns and/or changes in resident or environmental conditions that could result in the safety, security and optimal delivery of care (physical or emotional) being compromised;
- Physically capable and willing to work shifts (days, evening and nights);
- Willing and capable of following oral and written instruction;
- Kind and caring outlook and manner;
- and, knowledge of WHMIS.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- You are responsible to the residents of our home and their families and will ensure care delivery is always resident-focused and not staff-driven;
- Performs under the direction of the Administrator, Director of Care, Assistant Director of Care and all registered staff;
- Carries-out established resident care in accordance with home policy & procedures and the resident care plan;
- Ensures the safety of residents & staff by complying with all safety standards, regulations and legislation;
- Provides care assistance for all residents with activities of daily living;
- Assists with the cleaning and disinfecting of the home;
- Serves meals;
- Makes beds and keeps living areas clean and tidy;
- Knowledge of RAI-MDS;
- Computer Knowledge;
- Record resident care on daily care flow sheets;
- Knowledge of the Fire Safety Manual and willingness to participate in annual WHMIS training;
- Assist with laundry services;
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields