As a Cook your typical day will impact in the following ways:
- Setting up equipment and supplies for food preparation.
- Preparing meals and snacks according to production sheets, recipes and other menu document as provided.
- Providing for prescribed diets, at appropriate temperatures and in portion controlled quantities.
- Monitoring quality of food supplies received and advises Chef or Director of problems and makes recommendations about corrective action.
- In the absence of the Chef and the Food & Beverage Manager or Director, assumes responsibility for departmental operations including menu changes as necessary, requisitions and purchases food and other supplies from authorized suppliers.
- Assisting in the orientation and training of new food and beverage team members.
- Attends in-service meetings.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 minimum education required.
- Graduate of a recognized college food preparation program and willing to Red Seal certify.
- One year experience in volume food preparation, catering and special events preparation.
- A valid Safe Food Handling Certificate and Smart Serve certificate.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude necessary to meet the goals and standards of the residence.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check. Applicable to Ontario applicants.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Criminal Records Check. Applicable to British Columbia applicants.
Bonus Points for having:
- Experience in large quantity food preparation and cooking in Health, Long Term Care, or Retirement Residence is preferred.
- Red Seal Designation preferred.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields