- Graduation from a recognized program for Registered Nurses. Current registration with CRNBC.
- Criminal record check
- Medical certificate stating employee is physically and mentally fit to work
- TB Screening
- Demonstrated ability with comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices and techniques as they relate to long term.
- Maturity and good physical and mental health, empathy, patience and tact are important qualities to possess.
- Seeks out opportunities to maintain competency and continued learning.
- The receiving and transcription of physician's orders.
- The assessment and facilitation of diabetic care including glucometer testing, and administration of insulin, as per Dr.'s orders and established medication administration policies.
- The pronouncement of expected death.
1) The RN will assume responsibility for the care and well being of residents in the home:
• Ongoing responsibility for making or adjusting resident assignments;
• Scheduling and coordinating the use of staff, equipment and other resources;
• Assigning the responsibility for care of residents to a subordinate where the staff member cannot refuse the assignment;
• Coordinate the care given by others in an area or unit.
2) The RN provides nursing care in accordance with administrative policies, physicians' orders, established standards and nursing principles, and the Residential Care Act.
3) The RN assesses a resident's condition by recognizing and interpreting signs and symptoms, and where appropriate, initiates remedial health measures.
4) The RN promotes a positive team spirit within the home.
5) Provides feedback with respect to developing up to date individual resident care plans.
6) Ensures orders are correctly processed, recorded and followed through according to established policies.
7) Assists in maintaining a physical and psychosocial environment which meets the needs of the residents.
8) May plan assignments for care aides - delegates accordingly to provide effective resident care.
9) Deals tactfully and courteously with residents, residents' families, visitors and other staff members.
10) Participates in activities related to the Infection Control and Wound Care Programs.
11) Is knowledgeable of the Resident Bill of Rights and endeavors to respect and promote it. Ensures resident satisfaction and continuous quality improvement initiatives are promoted.
12) Ensures the proper care of equipment used in providing care to residents.
13) Assists in maintaining adequate quantities of nursing care supplies on the unit.
14) Maintains a good attendance record according to Company policy.
Must be able to stand for several hours at a time.
Proven ability to stretch, lift and walk on a regular basis.
Other physical abilities as required to perform the duties of the position.
HEALTH AND SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
Is aware of employees' responsibilities and follows all health and safety policies and procedures as set out in the employee safety program handbook and departmental manuals.
Works safely to reduce the risk of injury to self, co-workers, and residents.
Is alert to and promptly reports all actual or potentially hazardous situations to immediate supervisor. Does not operate or use faulty equipment.
Wears personal protective equipment (or clothing) as required by task, M.S.D.S. or facility policy.
Promptly reports personal injury to supervisor and seeks first aid as needed.
Participates in fire safety demonstrations and fire drills, and knows the facility fire and disaster plan.
Recognizes safety hazards and takes appropriate action. Adheres to established facility policies and procedures including safety rules and safe working practices.
Participates in organized fire drills and safety measures for all personnel.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields