Reporting to the General Manager, the Administration and Scheduling Coordinator may provide confidential administrative support to the General Manager and other members of the management team. Central responsibilities include the scheduling of short term vacancies and long term schedule planning (vacations, etc.). This position will be cross-trained with the Administrative Coordinator, Payroll & HR Support, for coverage when needed as well as provide Reception coverage if required. This position will require a good working knowledge of the facility Collective Agreement to ensure Articles are adhered to, including: scheduling, leave of absences, seniority, vacancy postings, overtime, shift premiums and sick time allowance.
Position will cover a two month vacancy.
Include but not limited to:
- In collaboration with department managers maintains and coordinate department schedules to cover day to day short and long range staffing and planned vacancies. (i.e. short calls; due to sick calls, vacations, LOAs etc.). Following established facility Collective Agreement guidelines/procedures.
- Data entry of all scheduling changes into ezLabor program.
- Performs a variety of duties related to the staffing for the facility like maintaining timekeeping records for staff for payroll purposes, as well as, related records such as staff names, addresses, phone numbers and availability for work.
- Produce a variety of confidential documents for the General Manager and management team members including correspondence, memos, reports, minutes and meeting agendas using a range of word processing and spreadsheet software packages (if applicable).
- Maintains a well-organized filing system for employee files, ensures files are kept up to date and protects the security of sensitive and confidential employee information.
- Maintain emergency fan out list with updated staff telephone numbers. (if applicable)
- Answers the telephone, greets and screens both callers and visitors, responds to requests by providing information directly or directing inquiries to appropriate individuals within the organization (if applicable).
- Maintains strict confidentiality with respect to payroll data and employee information.
- Perform all other duties as required..
- Grade 12 required, plus successful completion of a certificate or diploma in a related field from a college or technical school, preferred.
- Minimum of two to three years recent related experience.
- Scheduling experience in a unionized environment.
- Prior experience in interpreting and applying a collective agreement in a unionized environment, preferred.
- Experience processing medium to large payrolls an asset
- Proficient in the use of varied word processing and spreadsheet software packages. Proficient on Excel and Outlook.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with the various individuals involved in providing holistic care in a flexible resident focused environment.
- Ability to process a high-volume of data accurately and multi-task efficiently in a high paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple critical timelines.
- Ability to demonstrate strong problem solving and customer service skills.
- Ability to demonstrate responsiveness, flexibility and efficiency in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English proficiently and understand verbal and written instructions.
- An ability to communicate effectively with staff, residents and their families is essential.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields