Reporting to the General Manager or designate, the Schedulers central responsibilities include the scheduling of short term vacancies and long term schedule planning (vacations, etc.). This position will be cross-trained with the Receptionist for coverage if required. An ability to communicate effectively with staff, residents and their families is essential. This position will require a good working knowledge of the facility Collective Agreement to ensure Articles are adhered to, including: scheduling, leave of absences, seniority, overtime, shift premiums and sick time allowance.
Include but not limited to:
- In collaboration with department managers maintains department schedules to cover day to day staffing, long range staffing and planned vacancies. Also coordinates shift coverage for unplanned short term vacancies (i.e. short calls; due to sick calls, vacations, LOAs etc.). Following established facility Collective Agreement guidelines/procedures.
- Data entry of all scheduling changes, temporary and permanent, into ezLabor program.
- Update and produce master staff rotations and PT/Casual call-in lists.
- Performs a variety of duties related to the staffing for the facility including maintaining timekeeping records (ie. timesheets) for staff for payroll purposes, as well as, maintaining related records such as staff names, addresses, phone numbers and availability for work.
- Maintain emergency fan out list with updated staff telephone numbers. (if applicable)
- Answers the telephone, greets and screens both callers and visitors, responds to requests by providing information directly or directing inquiries to appropriate individuals within the organization (if applicable).
- Maintains strict confidentiality with respect to payroll data and employee information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 required, plus successful completion of a certificate or diploma in a related field from a college or technical school, preferred.
- Minimum of two to three years recent related experience.
- Scheduling experience in a unionized environment.
- Prior experience in interpreting and applying a collective agreement in a unionized environment, preferred.
- Proficient in the use of varied word processing and spreadsheet software packages. Proficient on Excel and Outlook
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with the various individuals involved in providing holistic care in a flexible resident focused environment.
- Ability to process a high-volume of data accurately and multi-task efficiently in a high paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple critical timelines.
- Demonstration of strong problem solving and customer service skills. Demonstrates responsiveness, flexibility and efficiency in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English proficiently and understand verbal and written instructions.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields