As a Dishwasher at a V!VA Retirement Community, you will be accountable to your schedule and job duties as they pertain to your assigned shifts. You will collaborate and work as a team player with emphasis on cleanliness. The incumbent is responsible for implementing all aspects of the Dish Pit Area to meet the sanitation standards as they pertain to a safe kitchen and the cleanliness of tableware, pots & pans, and cooking equipment and a high level of organization. When needed, you will be part of the first response team for all emergency calls from our Community Members and provide them with a compassionate and supportive approach to their needs.
- Assures 100% responsibility for the cleanliness and storage of dishware etc.
- Load, run and unload dish machine.
- Keep dish machine clean and report any functional or mechanical problems immediately to Executive Chef (Sous Chef or Food Service Manager in his/her absence)
- Monitor dish machine and related equipment for temperature and chemical levels to ensure sanitary wash cycles are maintained and record same on log sheets
- Complete temperature and chemical log on a daily basis during each shift
- Maintain adequate levels of clean tableware for dining room and kitchen
- Bag and haul away garbage to the dumpsters and re-cycle bins.
- Closing the dish pit area properly, including the cleaning of the dish machine, pot sinks, sweep and mop the floors in the enclosed dish pit area as well as area in front of doors
- Assist other Team Members whenever needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Chef or Sous Chef
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Possess a Positive Work Attitude and work well with other Team Members
- Ability to work Unsupervised at times.
- Ability to Communicate effectively and clearly
- Ability to Reach, Bend, Stoop and lift up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to work in a Fast Paced Environment.
- Ability to work in a Hot, Humid, Loud, Environment
- Updated police check with vulnerable sector * verified annually
- Valid Food Handlers Certificate an asset
- Ability to work flexible hours and weekends
- Available for call-ins
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields