The Village at University Gates located in Waterloo has an exciting opportunity for a Permanent Part Time Cook. You will join our Day team (05:30-13:30) and work approximately 30 hours bi-weekly. Benefits are available.
- Agrees with the objectives and philosophy of the Village and displays a caring, respectful attitude toward the residents, families, and team members
- Supports and embraces a resident-centered social culture
- Has experience preparing large quantities of food, preferably in a health care or long term care setting
- Demonstrates a creative flair for menu planning, meal preparation, and presentation
- Has knowledge of special diets and therapeutic diets, including texture modifications
- Possesses excellent time management and organizational skills
- Communicates effectively with others
- Works well independently and as a co-operative team member
- Able to work quickly, accurately, and safely
- Holds a Culinary Arts Diploma or a Food Service Worker Diploma from a Community College as listed in the Ontario Colleges of Applied Arts & Technology Act 2002 or a registered private Career College in Ontario
- Holds a current Food Safety Awareness Certificate
- Has knowledge of the Ontario Food Premises Regulations and Canada’s Food Guide to Healthy Eating
- Able to cope with the physical, mental, and emotional demands of the job
The Cook prepares meals under the guidance of the Director of Food Services. Diets must be in accordance with the Physician's orders and within the nutritional criteria of the Long Term Care Homes Act and the policies and standards of Schlegel Villages.
The positions are ‘people intensive’, with a substantial component of the job involving fostering exemplary resident/family relations. The Cook will provide a high level of customer service with a concentration on flexible living and quality of life.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields