The Village at University Gates located in Waterloo has an exciting opportunity for a Permanent Part Time Personal Support Worker. You will join our Midshift team (12:30-20:30) and work approximately 37.5 hours bi-weekly. For information purposes only the initial neighbourhood assignment is the Hagey Neighbourhood. Benefits are available
- Agrees with the objectives and philosophy of the Village and displays a caring, respectful attitude toward the residents, families, and team members
- Supports and embraces a resident-centered social culturealid PSW Certificate that is 600 hours or greater and meets the vocational standards established by the Ministry of Training, Colleges & Universities, the standards established by the National Association of Career Colleges, or the standards established by the Ontario Community Support Association
- Works well independently and as a co-operative team member
- Communicates effectively with others
- Possesses excellent time management and organizational skills
- Possesses exemplary customer service skill
- Demonstrates skill with computers (PointClickCare, MS Word, internet, and office equipment)
- Sound knowledge of lift and transfer skills
- Committed to supporting residents with a high quality of personal care
- Able to cope with the physical, mental, and emotional demands of the job
The Personal Support Worker (PSW) acts as an advocate for residents living in Long Term Care and supports resident-centered care. A PSW works as part of an interdisciplinary team to support residents holistically and to advocate for residents to actively participate in making decisions. PSWs assist the resident with all activities of daily living. They support residents with personal hygiene care, basic nursing care, and assistance in the dining room. The PSW observes and reports any changes in the resident’s status to the Registered Practical Nurse or Charge Nurse.
The positions are ‘people intensive’, with a substantial component of the job involving fostering exemplary resident/family relations, and providing the highest level of customer service possible, with a concentration on flexible living and quality of life.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields