As an Executive Chef your typical day will impact in the following ways:
- Planning, organizing, directing and supervising the activities of the Kitchen Department to provide fresh, tasty food, colorful presentations, attentive and a warm service with a smile.
- Establishing and monitoring workflow, evaluating performance and production, and making changes as necessary to improve quality of service.
- Assisting the kitchen team members hands on when and where necessary. It is expected that the Executive Chef is daily 50% hands–on in the operation.
- Selecting, supervising, mentoring and monitoring kitchen team members and evaluating performance to assure a high level of productivity and the best use of team member capabilities, as well as to ensure that the food service objectives are achieved.
- Preparing and maintaining all required records such as invoices, reports, statistics, etc. in accordance with policies, procedures and legislative requirements.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Must hold a diploma in Food and Beverage Management/Hospitality Management from a recognized college or Red Seal designation.
- Must have good scratch cooking skills, creative with modern presentations.
- Must hold a valid Safe Food Handling Certificate and Smart Serve certificate.
- A minimum of 5 years’ management experience in Hospitality or Retirement industry preferred.
- Human resource skills required to handle a variety of interactions with residents, families, and team members.
- Must possess excellent supervisory and leadership abilities in the areas of human resources.
- Basic knowledge in general beverage service i.e. wines.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check. Applicable to Ontario applicants.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Criminal Records Check. Applicable to British Columbia applicants.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields