- Oversees and assists residents with daily routines and functions such as bathing, dressing, undressing and eat meals as required.
- Review 24-72 hour report at beginning of shift
- Follows and processes physician orders.
- Administers medications and treatments within the limitations set by the College of nurses.
- Observes and monitors conditions of residents and reports changes in physical or mental conditions to the Registered Nurse.
- Assures observance with required techniques in nursing care.
- Participates in the development and modification of resident’s plan of care.
- Assists in implementing/evaluating the effectiveness of the plans.
- Monitors resident’s health and notes any changes in condition appropriately.
- Assists in the maintenance of resident records, including documentation in compliance with established standards and legislative requirements.
- Cooperates in the provision of life enrichment programs for the residents.
- Participates in restorative care program.
- Notifies the Registered Nurse of incidents or accidents and completes appropriate forms.
- Assists in training and directing non-registered nursing staff in providing care to residents under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
- Collaborates with other members of the health care team.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship with other staff members.
- Participates in meetings and committees.
- Performs other related functions as directed by supervisor.
- Assumes responsibility for the operation of the unit under the direction of the Registered Nurse as required.
- Participates in the quality assurance process and on-going activities
- Participates in quality assurance meetings
- Complies with the quality assurance model
- Contributes to the performance assessment of non-registered nursing staff
- Follows all health and safety and safe work practices and guidelines.
- Identifies and corrects inappropriate work practices which may affect the health and safety of co-workers.
- Displays an attitude that is focused on working safely and ensuring that the work environment is safe and healthy.
- Uses safe work practices.
- Reports any actual or potential hazard to the immediate supervisor.
- Uses or wears personal protective equipment (or clothing) as required.
- Promptly reports personal injury to supervisor and seeks first aid as needed.
- Participates in fire safety activities and knows the facility fire and disaster plan.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Does not use or operate any equipment in a way that would endanger any worker, resident or visitor.
- Complies with WSIB company policies and procedures.
- Reports any incident immediately to supervisor.
- Cooperates with the Return to Work program as identified by WSIB legislation as required.
- Complies with all computer confidentiality requirements.
- Reports function inconsistencies immediately to supervisor.
- Attends in-service education to maintain professional competency.
- Attends all mandatory education as provided by the company
- Maintains up to date reflective practice requirements.
- Pursues on-going learning.
- Functions under direct supervision
- Assists providing direction and leadership to subordinates
- Acts on direction of physicians’ orders and prescribed standards
- No signing authority
- Access to highly confidential information
- Access to Point Click Care
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Current Medication Administration Certificate, or equivalent
- Current certificate of competency from the College of Nurses of Ontario, in good standing
- Experience in Long-Term Care considered an asset
- Registered with a regulatory body
- Experience working with seniors and unregulated care providers
- Education and/or experience in gerontology, rehabilitation, community/complex/long term care an asset
- Must possess strong written and oral communication, critical thinking, care coordination, time management and customer focus skills
- Skills in use of computer and Microsoft Office applications
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields