The Director of Care’s primary role is directing professional nursing care for all residents in the home. You will lead and support the wellness team to provide excellent service for our residents. You will lead the assessment of all resident needs and plan, implement, and evaluate the care needs. You will work in close collaboration with our Executive Director, Marketing Manager, attending physicians, residents, family members, external care providers and all other department managers.
Hours of Work: Full Time management role with Manager on Duty weekend responsibilities once every six weeks.
- Current Registration and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current CPR and First Aid
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a nursing role
- Minimum 1+ years’ experience as a direct supervisor or manager preferred.
- Medication Administration Skills essential, using EMar system an asset
- Knowledge of Point Click Care an asset
- Experience in a Retirement Residence setting preferred
- Knowledge of the RHA and other relevant legislation
- Excellent computer skills, spread sheets, email & Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent Customer Service & Leadership skills with a passion for leading a positive team environment.
- Experience with managing Outbreaks in a Long-Term Care/Retirement Home setting an asset
- Strong understanding of infection control and Public Health guidelines
- Must possess a valid Ontario driver’s license and provide a vehicle to perform the duties of this position
The Director of Care we are looking for shares our Core Competencies:
- Caring Leader who makes others and their needs the primary focus of one's actions.
- Resourceful team member who takes action when faced with potential roadblocks to success.
- Dedicated manager who takes personal responsibility with initiative and pride to achieve results.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will:
- Have demonstrated ability to assess the health status of a resident
- Have experience in leading a team through change
- Have experience re-establishing policies and procedures
- Have the drive to lead our nursing team with empathy and devotion.
- Have proven ability to manage multiple priorities at once
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields