- Administers strategic plan for health & wellness, including relationships, philosophies and communications.
- Directs the implementation and review of relevant company policies, procedures and processes required to meet government legislation and industry standards.
- Ensures all residents receive care and services according to their needs and according to the Retirement Home Act and Regulation.
- Monitors the quality of nursing and wellness services using quality indicators from a variety of sources, the tools provided for in the quality assurance program
- Implements goals and objectives to achieve the corporate vision for resident care and services
- Ensures risk management process is adhered to by reviewing staff and resident incident reports, monthly indicators, Retirement Home Regulatory Authority (RHRA) compliance inspections/ reviews, Public Health Inspections, Ministry of Labour inspections, Accreditation reports, etc.
- Ensures appropriate and adequate staffing plan for the department through hiring, retention, training and assigning of department employees. This includes appropriate registration or qualifications of staff in the Health & Wellness department.
- Ensures appropriate documentation and maintenance of records including resident health records, personnel records etc.
- Acts as a liaison with RHRA, other clinical services, support services, external stakeholders / agencies including research and professional associations in relation to the needs/care of residents
- Accountable for financial fiscal responsibility through diligent management of budget within identified parameters
- Assumes facility responsibility in the absence of the Executive Director
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Registered nurse / registered practical nurse with current Certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario, in good standing
- At least one year of experience working as a registered nurse / registered practical nurse in Ontario retirement home industry.
- At least three years of experience working as a registered nurse / registered practical nurse in a managerial or supervisory capacity in a health care setting; and has demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields