Atria Senior Living is one of the nation's leading providers of independent living, assisted living and memory care communities. We serve more than 16,000 older Americans in 27 states by creating a superior product through thought leadership, active aging programs and culinary excellence. Our communities are a hub of activity providing our residents with social opportunities and mental stimulation in comfortable, well-appointed surroundings. Behind the warmth and welcome of our Atria communities are over 11,000 employees nationwide who embrace their purpose of helping older adults have a better life. In return, not only do they have a lucrative career, but they experience the joy of helping others and making a difference in the lives of the residents and families we serve. We would love for you to join our Atria family!
Atria is currently seeking a high energy Life Guidance Director / Memory Care Director to join our team at Atria Walnut Creek in Walnut Creek, CA. Our Memory Care Director is responsible for ensuring that the Atria philosophy is implemented and practiced within the Memory Care Neighborhood of the community with special emphasis on "Sharing the Way" with our residents, and on mentoring, coaching and training staff. The Memory Care Director will also assist with marketing efforts to grow occupancy in the Memory Care Neighborhood and support family members through communication and education.
- Plan and organize daily events, including: calendar creation, monthly staff training, quarterly family functions, monthly support group and community outreach.
- Conduct and monitor individual resident's history and preference documentation, service plans, appropriate program offerings for large and small groups, as well as, specialized individual needs/interests.
- Maintain a proactive and person-centered approach to challenging resident behaviors.
- Supervise staff while coaching, mentoring and training them in accordance to the Atria philosophy of "Sharing the Way Moment by Moment"
- Continuously evaluate the program by utilizing quality enhancement tools and customer feedback, which may necessitate improving the program to meet the ever-changing needs of the clientele.
- Support and actively participate in the programs census building initiatives: event hosting, external and internal program presentations, volunteering on boards of prominent potential referral sources.
- May perform others duties as assigned
Memory Care Director Alzheimer's Alzheimers Dementia Longterm Care Assisted Living Retirement Living Independent Living Healthcare Senior Living Senior Living Facility Senior Living Community Retirement Home Senior Care Retirement Community
- A degree in a related (social services, behavioral health, therapeutic recreation, nursing) field preferred.
- Two to four years experience in caring for people with dementia and in developing and facilitating activity programs, preferably as a manager with a specialized dementia program.
- Knowledgeable about the disease process, the changes associated with dementia illnesses, how they affect the individual's ability to function, and the adaptive strategies that help maintain a resident's abilities.
- Ability to facilitate family and caregiver support programs.
- Ability to perform budget analysis/review
Atria offers a competitive salary, profitable bonus program and full benefits package including 401k and tuition reimbursement.
How to Apply
Bring your career to life- click APPLY NOW!
Atria Senior Living is an equal opportunity employer, offering growth, development and rewards for our employees
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields