About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a hands on Environmental Services Manager to join our team at our busy and bustling Retirement Community.
In this role, you will be responsible for the effective and efficient management of our environmental services with a professional and respectful demeanor.
Your key duties will include (but aren’t limited to):
- Working knowledge of all building systems including:
- Building codes, fire regulations , HVAC systems, & refrigeration systems
- Fan Coils Units, Cooling Systems, PM System Maintenance
- Plumbing and general maintenance skills
- Experience in pool/spa maintenance is an asset.
- Budget Management and inventory control
- Responsible for hiring, training, performance evaluations, scheduling of employees
- Ensure that resident requests are resolved promptly and vacant resident suites are prepared for new residents without delay.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in English
- Interact & communicate with residents, their families and coworkers in a kind & caring manner.
- Available for rotational weekend manager on duty and on call for emergencies 24/7.
- Quality control and building inspection for ongoing site improvement
- Is proficient with word, email & TELS (or another building services management system)
The Ideal Candidate
This role is well suited to someone with an unwavering commitment to exceptional service delivery. The prospect of maintaining high standards is exciting to you. You enjoy a challenge, are accepting of feedback and love to be busy! You are passionate about motivating and supporting your team.
To qualify, you must be a task driven, organized person with previous building services management experience. You also communicate effectively, in English, have basic computer skills and hold a valid driver’s license. You are forward thinking in your evaluation of effectiveness of maintenance procedures and open to process improvements. You communicate relevant information to your peers and Executive Director in a timely manner. Your focus on occupational health & safety is always at the forefront. You will demonstrate a positive and professional manner at all times and be an empathetic, hands-on leader. You will enjoy working with older adults and can find patience when your services are under demand.
A genuine passion for customer service is needed, as is the desire to build meaningful relationships with your team and residents of Applewood Retirement Residence.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields