COMPANY AND CANDIDATE PROFILE
At Mosaic, we believe in the right of all persons to continue to grow as human beings, to continue to create, connect and have meaning irrespective. We believe in the importance of community and the creation of community connections across the private, public and not-for-profit sectors. We are leading the way to the development of person and age friendly communities that enable healthy aging and bring people together to achieve common social goals.
Mosaic Home Care & Community Resource Centres is recognized as a best practice leader in home care services and for the way it addresses human values and social and community interaction. It is a recipient of the Gold Medal of The European Society for Person Centered Healthcare for its Person Centered, Community Focused Model of Care. Providing you with the tools and training that you need to deliver Mosaic’s higher standards of care is as important to us as it is to you. Training on our person centered care framework, “The Meaning of Me®”, will also be provided.
Before contacting us, please take the time to find out more about our company, our services, our staff and our standards by visiting our website www.mosaichomecare.com and our community blog www.janesgtacafe.ca.
Candidates should be excited at the opportunity to champion these beliefs and to help support the continuing development of the community interface for our award winning person centered model of care.
The ideal candidate will express the following key attributes:
- Have an understanding and a commitment to concepts of personhood as an important aspect of human relationships outside of the typical care constructs that are usually defined by the lens of incapacity and other vulnerabilities.
- Demonstrate an ability and a passion for working and communicating with people of all ages, needs, cultures and backgrounds.
- Be an ethical person with a strong sense of self-awareness and a clear understanding of fundamental human rights.
A Homemaker is an individual who assists members/clients with the instrumental tasks of daily living relating to household management. They are to assist in household management/ housekeeping/household services, in order to preserve a safe, healthy and sanitary home for the client/member and their family. It is essential to note that homemakers do not provide or assist in member’s/client’s personal care.
POSITION TITLE: Homemaker
REPORTS TO: Managing Director
HOURLY SALARY RANGE: $14.00 - $17.00
Major Duties (but not limited to the following):
- Maintaining a safe, healthy and sanitary environment for the member/client and their family
- Providing companionship
- Basic housekeeping
- Grocery shopping and other errands
- Accompanying clients to appointments
- Basic meal planning and preparation (except for member’s/client’s with therapeutic diets)
- Reporting unsafe conditions in the home including changes in the client’s physical or mental behavior
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a minimum of twelve months paid cleaning experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to practice a high level of confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills
- Current First Aid/CPR
- Medical Clearance
- Immunization Record
- Tuberculosis test
- Must be bondable
- Current police clearance including vulnerable sector screening
- Three professional references
- WHMIS an asset
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields