As the Facilities Technician, we will look to you to promote our CHIEF core values of compassion, humility, integrity, excellence, and fun. Performs and/or coordinates all repairs and physical maintenance of assigned residence(s). Ensures preventive maintenance is scheduled and performed on all equipment as needed for the residences. Ensure that fire alarm, fire suppression and other emergency equipment are maintained and tested per the guidelines of the National Fire Protection Agency and other applicable local and state codes.
What you will do:
- Inspects buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and recommendations using a pre?established check sheet.
- Maintains grounds including outside residence repair, lawn maintenance and garbage removal or coordinates services with outside vendors where appropriate.
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, parking lots, and other work areas
- Prepares apartments for move-in and completes refurbishing of apartments after move-out, including painting of apartments.
- Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.).
- Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.).
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Maintains a clean, neat, comfortable, safe environment for residents, staff and visitors
- Meets all mandatory health requirements by State regulations
- Ability to lift 50 pounds regularly
- Ability to work on a ladder
- Two years of work experience in facility maintenance
- Must work a full shift, come to work on time and work overtime as needed
- The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of electrical, plumbing and carpentry
- Uphold the principles of our mission: to enrich life through meaningful relationships and vibrant communities
- Express compassion for residents, staff, and guests on a consistent basis
- Maintain humility
- Engage others in fun and creative activities
- Strive for excellence in all aspects of the job
- Work with integrity in all interactions
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields