Keeps nursing facility, surrounding buildings and grounds in clean and orderly condition and tends furnace, air-conditioner, and boiler to provide heat, cool air, and hot water for residents, performing any combination of following duties: Sweeps, mops, scrubs, and vacuums hallways, office space etc. Regulates flow of fuel into automatic furnace. Empties trash and garbage containers. Maintains building, performing minor and routine painting, plumbing, electrical, wiring, and other related maintenance activities, using hand tools. Replaces air-conditioner filters. Cautions residents and staff regarding complaints of excessive noise, disorderly conduct or misuse of property. Notifies management concerning need for major repairs or replacements to lighting, heating, and ventilating equipment. Cleans snow and debris from sidewalk and grounds. Mows lawn, trips shrubbery, and cultivates flowers, using hand tools and power tools. Post signs to advertise vacancies and shows empty rooms to prospective residents or families if necessary.
Full or part time. Maintain the proper functioning of all mechanical equipment and systems necessary to the continuing operation of routine maintenance, preventive maintenance and general upkeep of the facility, its furnishings, equipment and grounds.
Training and Experience:
- Minimal 18 years of age, high school education with prior experience or maintenance knowledge
- Ability to work as part of interdisciplinary team to provide functional environment for residents while adhering to HIPAA regulations, OSHA regulations and state and federal guidelines.
- Familiar with lock out tag out procedures and use of personal protective equipment as well as fire safety codes. Familiar with heating and air conditioning. Additional training a plus.
- Familiar with hazard communication program and material data sheets related to chemical use.
- Ability to communicate with residents, family members and co workers positively and professionally and the interdisciplinary team. Assist in documenting routine maintenance schedules and follow up documentation, fire drills, policies and procedures related to the maintenance dept.
- Ability to follow and schedules required maintenance activity and document such.
- Ability to adhere to company policies and procedures and display professional behavior.
- Follow HIPAA guidelines regarding resident confidentiality work will all departments
- Demonstrate respect for residents and resident’s family members by assisting or problem solving.
- Demonstrate open communication to supervisor regarding maintenance related issues and work with peers to resolve any maintenance issues which need immediate attention.
- Follow and document a facility preventative maintenance program.
- Service heating / cooling and electrical and related equipment
Category II Exposure is not part of routine job however may be exposed, within scope of performing duties to blood borne pathogens. Employee mandated to use personal protective equipment such as gloves, gown, and face protection and be familiar with chemicals and material safety data sheets as part of hazard communication program.
- Repair and perform routine maintenance of facility equipment.
- Maintain listing off all equipment within the facility with record of dates and preventative maintenance performed on all equipment as well as routine testing and lock out tag out.
- Painting as needed. Maintaining proper techniques while maintaining a safe environment and providing MSDS sheets on all caustic chemicals. Monitor eye wash stations.
- Supervise or provide grounds maintenance. If contractors utilized required insurance document.
- Ensure work area is clean, neat and safe and locked to prevent resident or staff injury.
- Ensure proper functioning of all emergency equipment, including but not limited to, emergency lights and batteries, emergency control panel, fire doors, exit doors, fire alarms, sprinkler system and fire extinguishers.
- See that facility is cleaned, mopped, buffed and waxed as needed and provide safe environment while providing service. Use wet floor signs etc.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields