Responsible for complete linen supply and maintenance of laundry under general supervision.
Functions of The Job:
- Maintain a continuous flow of clean linen to wards as needed. Also, pick-up of soiled linen.
- Keep laundry room clean at all times.
- Maintain laundry storage area in an orderly fashion.
- Wash, dry, fold , hang and distribute residents’ personal clothing and linens.
- Ensure work area and equipment are maintained in a sanitary and safe manner.
- Assist in maintaining neatness and straightening of clothing drawers and closets.
- Follow departmental policies and procedures .
- Ability to sort soiled items for washing.
- Ability to place soiled items into washer.
- Ability to remove washed items from washer and place into dryer.
- Ability to remove items from dryer and fold items.
- Hoving, Bending , Pushing/Pulling.
- Ability to ambulate from one work area to another on a timely basis for accomplishment of task( s).
- Ability to bend to pick up , replace, check objects.
- Ability to observe lint receptacles for safety.
- Resident request.
- Consultation with laundry supply delivery personnel, staff, visitors, representatives,
- Observe checks, areas requiring safety
- Observe controls on machines.
- Distinguish among labels on residents’ clothing (names , washing instructions).
- Observe and distinguish among cleaning product labels
- Communicate effectively with residents, visitors , and staff.
- Communicate effectively with supply representatives and delivery personnel.
Position Qualification Requirements:
- Knowledge of laundry care and maintenance and ability to anticipate laundry needs.
- Ability to cooperate with fellow workers.
- Grade school education.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields