Do challenges excite you? Are you a problem-solver with a passion for seniors? Do you thrive off of an environment focused on superior customer service? Are you an experienced chef who is ready to have his nights off instead of restaurant hours?
If you answered “yes" to the four questions above, we would like to talk with you!
Chateau Brickyard, managed by Blue Harbor Senior Living, currently has an outstanding opportunity at our community for an Executive Chef / Dining Services Director.
We are looking for the right person who will bring their own culinary knowledge and passion for excellence. Our vision is to turn this senior community into one that prides itself on quality, made-from-scratch food that you could find in any resort community.
Blue Harbor offers a competitive compensation package including:
- Medical, dental, & vision benefits
- 401 (k) with generous company match
- PTO & Holidays
- Create menus, including specials, chef stations and seasonal items
- Holding all staff accountable to high standards – hire, train and counsel as needed
- Maintain working knowledge of all State and County regulations for food service safety and licensing as well as DSS and OSHA regulations for the Assisted Living Industry
- Serve as Cook for the number of meals designated by the Executive Director
- Demonstrate appropriate inventory planning, use preferred vendors
- Demonstrate knowledge and use of ordering systems, shipping and receiving, inventory management and stock rotation
- Maintain the Dining Room assuring cleanliness and maximum accommodation for residents and staff; complete cleaning after each meal service and proper table settings
- Present a professional demeanor that communicates a corporate philosophy of service, goodwill, and genuine interest in each resident’s needs
Requirements for this position are the following:
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a lead chef
- Some memory care, dementia, and/or Alzheimer’s experience is a plus – but not a requirement
About Blue Harbor:
Based in Portland, Oregon, Blue Harbor Senior Living is a growing senior living company, operating communities throughout the U.S. Blue Harbor’s home office provides top-level support services for all of our senior living communities. This open position presents an outstanding opportunity to join the team of our growing and dynamic organization.
Blue Harbor Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields